- General Information Collection and Use Our primary goals in collecting personal information are to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience, to send you information upon your request, and to thank you for your support. In addition, we may use such information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our Site’s content, layout and services. Specifically, and without limitation, we may use your personal information (a) for license reporting and assessment of Site service levels; (b) to better understand on an aggregated basis how our products and services are used, gauge traffic patterns and determine what types of content and services are most popular with users of our products and services; (c) to verify access rights to content, services or software; (c) to provide you with information about Maven products, services, news and events through the Site or email; (d) to allow you to purchase and download Maven products and services; and/or (e) to provide you with personalized content programming, instructions and services.
- Site Ownership This Site is operated by Maven and is only affiliated with Maven. Maven shall be deemed the sole “Service Provider” of the Site under the Digital Millennium Copy Right Act (the “DMCA”), the sole “provider of an interactive computer service” relating to the Site under the Communications Decency Act (the “CDA”), and the sole “operator” of the Site under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (“COPPA”). Similar interpretations shall apply to ownership considerations of the Site under additional local, state, national, and international statutes and laws.
- Personally Identifiable Information When you choose to become a member or user of the Site (or a portion of the Site), you provide us account information that may include, without limitation: (a) your username and your private password required in order to provide you with the ability to use features of the Site and (b) profiles created by you to store contact information about yourself (e.g., your name, your email address, your phone number, your address, etc.). We use your information to enable you to use the Site and to ensure compliance with intellectual property laws. Moreover, we collect additional information from you when you provide us with on-line comments or feedback via our Site or post information about yourself or others to our Site. This information, if any, is available to others accessing the Site. We work to process and maintain accurately the information that you share with us and will use commercially reasonable efforts to allow you the ability to change or modify your user information in order to enhance your ability to use our Site.Additionally, when you purchase a Maven product or service, we collect your contact information (such as your address) and financial information (such as your credit/debit card information). We use the information you provide only to complete that product order or fulfill the service. We do not share this information with unaffiliated parties except to the extent necessary to complete that transaction. If we have trouble processing an order, we use the information to contact you.
- Third Party Uses We may share some of your personally identifiable information with our consultants and service providers for the purpose of improving the Site and facilitating the services that it offers to you. In addition, we sometimes employ other companies and individuals to perform promotional, marketing and data analysis functions on our behalf, such as sending postal mail, removing repetitive information, analyzing data, processing credit card and on-line payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for any other purpose.
- Aggregate Data The demographic information you provide is collected by us and may be disclosed in aggregate to third parties. This aggregate information cannot be used to personally identify you or your computer.
- Log Files Like most Internet services, we use log files on the server side. The data held in log files includes your IP address, browser type, email application, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit Web pages, computer platform type, date/time stamp, and user activity. Maven uses server log data to analyze trends, administer the services offered through the Site and the Site. IP addresses are not tied to any personally identifiable information.The software enabling the Site has associated log and temporary files that are stored on servers owned or servers owned by an Internet-as-a-Service Provider on behalf of the Company. These files store your account information, preference settings, system notifications as well as other data necessary to enable you to participate on the Site. Your information may also exist within regularly performed server backups.
- Security We are concerned about the security of personal information collected from you and have taken reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized access to that information. We care about the security related to your use of the Site and use standard industry practices to safeguard your personally identifiable and financial information. With respect to on-line payments, if any, we use encryption and secure https protocol to communicate with your browser software, which guards against interception of on-line payment and/or credit card information you give us. We also employ security techniques to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the organization. You should be aware, however, that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet; third parties may unlawfully or improperly intercept or access transmissions, personal information, or private communications.
- You Must Be 16 or Older to Register At This Site Although we encourage children to learn more about our organization, we ask that children under 16 do so only with parental supervision. Moreover, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 14 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 14 has provided us with personally identifiable information without verifiable parental consent, we will use our best efforts to remove such information from our files. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without verifiable parental consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected].
- Your California Privacy Rights. Users who reside in California can prevent future disclosures for direct marketing purposes of his or her personally identifiable information, at no charge, by exercising his or her “opt out” rights by using the “opt out” procedures described below:
- You can send email to: [email protected], or
- Maven, LLC
5245 Vista Blvd Ste. F3-247
Sparks, NV 89436
Additionally, upon receipt of any electronic communication from Maven, to unsubscribe from future communications, you can click on the link that says words substantially to the effect of “If you do not wish to receive these emails in the future, You can click here to unsubscribe.”
Because Maven provides its California users with the ability to exercise his or her “opt out” rights as described above, pursuant to Section 1798.83 (c)(2) of the California Civil Code, Maven is in compliance with the California “Shine the Light” law and is not obligated to provide California users with the names and addresses of all the third parties that received personal information from Maven for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
Effective Date: 3/24/2020