EPS 20: Goal Setting In A 12 Week Year
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why 12 weeks is a better time frame to achieve your goals than 12 months
- How you can leverage urgency and your “whys” to get to the next level
- Tools that can help you, such as S.M.A.R.T goals and visualization
If you want to achieve your dreams, 12 months is too long to do that. Instead, 12 weeks is the perfect amount of time to go after your goals and get them done.
Top performers recognize that working in shorter periods of time brings greater urgency and focus. Periodization, a technique that isolates achieving one skill or goal in less time, works in business and in life.
What if we viewed our business and our personal lives in quarters, 12-week periods, instead of 12 months? If we break things down into quarters, we can achieve as much in 12 weeks as many achieve 12 months. Having a narrow focus, an urgent time period and consistent execution will get you extraordinary results.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to get leverage on yourself and create an urgency that will propel you to new heights. To support you, we’ll talk about tools that can help, such as S.M.A.R.T goals and visualization. By the end of the episode, you’ll have identified your two goals for the next 12 weeks and how you’re going to go after them.
- 18:15 – Identify two S.M.A.R.T goals you want to achieve in the next 12 weeks
- 19:15 – Identify two actions that will get you to each of those goals
- “The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months,” By Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington
- “Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds,” By David Goggins