In this episode, April interviews Martin Hewlett, a renowned British hypnotherapist who has been guiding millions through a season of high anxiety and stress, and who’s calming words have been a beacon of light to many through his podcast Calming Anxiety.
What you will learn in this episode:
- [11:56] If you rush you will make mistakes, just take a deep breath and say “I am going to do the best I can do” there is no need for stress or anger, don’t focus on the things you can not change.
- [13:18] How to manage anxiety and navigate change. Prioritize yourself and your mental health and then you will be able to look after your family.
- [16:48] Practicing mindfulness with your kids teaching them to know their emotions and work on them.
- [18:45] Parents apologizing to their kids is important. They know you make mistakes, own them.
- [19:55] Teaching our kids the value of debating. I didn’t get parenting right the first time, but that was my past (childhood) interfering.
- [35:12] How to deal with overwhelm and high-performance anxiety. You need to take time out 5-10 minutes a day to let your brain relax.
Show notes Quotes:
- “Don’t let the past define you but use it as an instrument of strength and growth.” [7:30]
- “You can change your world just by thinking about it”. ” [37:42]
- “The negative anchors of our past holds us from really being who we want to be” [50:10]
You can listen to Martin Hewlett podcast Calming Anxiety Podcast here:https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/calming-anxiety/id1485448436 or at his website at www.martinhewlett.co.uk
What can you do today? To Be Productive. Effective. Perform at your best. Even now.
Are you struggling to stay focused? If you have the right framework, it takes the guesswork out of Productivity.
Get our FREE mini-series 4 Steps: Doing More in Less Time
Visit pivot-me.com/4Steps to get it TODAY!