EPS 9: Choose Your People: 4 Tips to Staffing the Right Team
In this episode, you will learn how to:
- Define your hiring needs and communicate expectations to set your staff up for success
- Identify and hire for a good cultural fit
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure effective and objective evaluation
- Give frequent feedback vs. annual reviews
Why is it so important to hire the right people for your business?
A whole truck-load of reasons!
To start, choosing the wrong employee will cost you a lot of time and money. Research shows that not only are you outthe time spent on this staff member but a mis-hire can cost up to 3 times their monthly salary for a small company and 15 times their salary in a large company. OUCH! If you are a new small business the stats already show that 80% fail in the first 5 years, staffing definitely plays a part in the success or failure. Plus hiring the wrong staff is a morale killer for the hard workers on your team and be honest…firing people SUCKS!
Every successful business owner needs not just a good team of people, but the RIGHT people in order to grow and achieve their objectives.
Today, I will walk you through how to avoid hiring the WRONG people, quickly making (then executing) the hard decision of letting staff go and how to recruit and retain the RIGHT people to succeed in your business!
If you find these tips helpful, please share it! When you receive amazing information that changes your perspective–podcast, a book, Ted Talk, anything – SHARE IT! Let’s encourage and help each other to reach higher and be our best!
- Make a list of your team, and determine for each of these staff members: (23:00)
-How aligned are they with your mission/values?
-How effective are they at their job?
-Would you happily re-hire this person today?
- One extra step: How do you rate yourself with these same questions? (24:32) That one can sting!
Good to Great by Jim Collins (1:45)
Buy here: https://amzn.to/2HcwW53
The E Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber (15:10)
Buy here: https://amzn.to/2E2Ffie
Traction by Gino Wickman (16:53)
Buy here: https://amzn.to/2PXVOAw