Listen to the podcast:
Authenticity is Leadership Superpower, Erin Hatzikostas Author, Speaker, former CEO of 9 figure business
About Our Guest:
Erin is the best-selling author of You Do You(ish), a TEDx, keynote speaker, coach-sultant, and co-host of an offbeat career and leadership podcast, b Cause with Erin & Nicole.
Connect with Erin
On PivotMe today, we talk to Erin Hatzikostas, a former Corporate CEO turned Professional Pot-Stirrer. At age 42, she became the CEO of a 9-figure company, and in just three years, she took a struggling company and led a massive turnaround, tripling earnings and sending employee engagement skyrocketing. Erin is the best-selling author of You Do You(ish), a TEDx, keynote speaker, coach-sultant, and co-host of an offbeat career and leadership podcast, b Cause with Erin & Nicole. Her talks have reached hundreds of thousands of people, and her thought leadership has been featured on ABC, and CBS and published in Business Insider, Fast Company, and Well+Good, among several others.
She explains how she pivoted using the fifty percent rule by doing things halfway how people wanted and the other half curating things with her own authenticity.
Listen in to learn about Erin’s six steps to strategic authenticity (H.U.M.A.N.S) – purposeful humility, being unexpected, having a model mindset, adapting to others, narrating stories, and having a spark for others. You will also learn the importance of giving yourself permission to experiment and letting go of your ego to master authentic leadership.
Pivotal Questions Asked:
- [3:16] With your impressive corporate career, what was the catalyst to pivot out of that career?
- [13:10] Did you have a role model who guided you into doing it your own way?
- [16:16] Explain to us why authenticity really matters and how you implement it.
- [30:49] What are the steps for a pivoter to bring more authenticity into their business, either with their staff or clients?
- [41:44] Tell us about your book and why we should read it.
- [48:04] If you could tell the world one thing, what would it be?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- [8:24] The 50 percent rule – how to pivot to opportunities that allow you to keep your authenticity.
- [13:23] She names her two role models who shaped her authentic leadership path.
- [16:25] The meaning of true authenticity and how to use it as the secret weapon for your business success.
- [20:04] Why authenticity is about saying what’s normal, giving people permission to be themselves, and fostering connection.
- [31:00] Erin’s six principles of strategic authenticity for leaders – H.U.M.A.N.S.
- [39:12] Data on the impact and ROIs of having authentic leadership and culture in the workplace.
- [41:47] Erin talks about her book You Do You(ish) and what it teaches about authenticity.
- [45:11] The importance of letting go of your ego to be successful with authentic leadership.
- “You shouldn’t not do something because you hate the way it was done before; instead, do it your own way.”– Erin [11:44]
- “Authenticity is about exposing who you are when people least expect it.”– Erin [20:08]
- “The difference between a happy hour story that you might tell your friend and a business story that you use with your clients, customers, partners, and employees is that you’re taking that story and bringing a message to them.”– Erin [36:56]
Connect with Erin:
PivotMe & MultiplyMe Presents
A Free Virtual Mastermind Event To Help You Get 3X More Work Done In Less Hours – While Developing The Performance Habits Of The World Class!