Founder and CEO of Tahoe Trailbar
Interview Highlights Part-1:
- “It’s one of the truest markers of success. How much of your time are you spending doing EXACTLY, what you want to do?” Part 1 V1, 7:05
- “I love every day. And it’s not bullshit.”
- “The most powerful manifestation of what you might call courage, to me, is the courage not to be somewhere else, while what’s going on in front of you is going on”. Par 1 18:20.
- “Did I show up differently in the terrifying months? Did I treat people differently when I was not sure what was going to happen? And did I forget the feeling of humility around not knowing what would happen next, when the months are really good?.” 32:18 Part 1
- “I just happen to be the guy that was crazy enough to take a Subaru and drive around and sell bars, until we sold enough to get a warehouse and I eventually threw a life dingy out to catch my first great employee and said “Come to the boat please! It’s on fire and you have water!!”
- “Problems are opportunities to improve. I needed more off line activities in my life.”
- “Is everything happening in your life an inconvenience or an opportunity to learn”
- “My core moments, when I was most doubting the viability of my business, were when I saw the problem most clearly, and I had the least clarity on how to get from where it is, to where I know it will create enough profit just to pay (me)…” Part 2 ~26:45
- (If Wes could give people one piece of advice) “To give them a little bit of reprieve in a time of doubt—it would be PLAN. Write down a plan and vet it with 2-3 mentors.” part 2 32:02
- “I am just a product of great people who have helped me along the way” Part 2 V1; 35:30.
- Best practices from Wes—family captures affirmations every day, morning meditation, gratitude note to his spouse,
About Our Guest:
Connect with Wes King at https://tahoetrailbar.com/
Part 2 of Wes King Interview:
Part 2 of our chat with Wes King, Founder and CEO of Tahoe Trail bar. Wes continues to rock our world with his tale of a guy crazy enough to load an insane tonnage of energy bars into his Subaru and try to sell them to local stores. He gives advice on managing yourself in times of doubt and shares his powerful morning routine.
Quotable Wes King lines:
- “I am just a product of great people who have helped me along the way…”
- “Is everything happening in your life an inconvenience or an opportunity to learn?”
- And when he gave one piece of advice to give us reprieve in times of doubt—”it would be PLAN. Write down a plan and vet it with 2-3 mentors.”
Tahoe Trail Bar is the perfect plant based nutrition powerhouse for the ‘outdoor obsessed’ who hunger for high-quality, great tasting fuel. We want to make it possible for them to push their personal limits while also serving a higher planetary purpose through 1% For The Planet.