Listen to the podcast:
How to Tell if You Are Lying to Yourself, Speaker, Author and Transformational Teacher Kute Blackson
About Our Guest:
Kute Blackson, a speaker, author, and transformational teacher, that offers a fresh, bold look at spiritual and self-awareness that might just make a few of us uncomfortable.
Connect with Kute
On PivotMe today, we have Kute Blackson, a speaker, author, and transformational teacher, that offers a fresh, bold look at spiritual and self-awareness that might just make a few of us uncomfortable. He was born in Ghana into a family of ministers and expectations and no one was more surprised than him when his father handed over his 3,000-person congregation to Kute at 14 years old. He is now the author of the national bestselling book You.Are.The.One. and most recently, The Magic of Surrender. He is considered the next generation leader in the field of personal development and has been featured on Larry King Now, Fox and Friends, Dr. Drew, and Inc magazine calls him ‘The Mindfulness Guru Billionaires Go to For Advice’.
Kute explains how pain physically, mentally, and spiritually manifests in our lives when we lie to ourselves, and how we can transform our lives by telling the truth.
In this episode, we discuss the importance of really getting to know yourself and acknowledging your fears to start living in truth. Listen in to learn how to make peace with losing people and situations in order to live your most authentic and aligned life.
Pivotal Questions Asked:
- [3:50] Talk about the trajectory that you were on and what made you make such a pivot in your journey.
- [22:01] Would you say most of the time we’re not telling ourselves the truth in fear of hurting or losing somebody else?
- [28:38] How do you walk that balance of positively conditioning people while also living in their truth?
- [47:28] What is surrender?
- [54:24] If you could tell the world one thing, what would it be?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- [10:53] How to set yourself free by acknowledging all the ways you lie to yourself and start telling the truth.
- [14:04] How to know that you’re lying to yourself and start telling the truth to change your life.
- [22:12] How we’re unconsciously wired to get love, validation, and approval which keeps us in survival mode.
- [28:48] How not to allow society to dictate your life for you by having the flexibility to respond to the music of life authentically.
- [40:53] Understanding how the truth serves and honors you and the other person involved.
- [47:37] Surrender- taking the limits off of life to be able to pivot to what’s most authentic.
- [54:27] Meditate on your death – stop living in fear and give life everything so you don’t have regrets.
- “When you follow your soul and you don’t compromise your truth and what you’re being guided to do even if it doesn’t make any sense, you’ll always end up in the right place with the right people.”– Kute [9:18]
- “One of the things as human beings that keep us unhappy, stuck, and from fulfilling our true potential in life and creating the life that we truly want are all the ways we lie to ourselves.”– Kute [12:30]
- “Real healing and how we start healing the patterns within real healing happens when we bring loving and compassion to those parts of ourselves that are hurting.”– Kute [28:04]
Connect with Kute: