Listen to the podcast:
What Leaders are Doing Wrong and How to Fix it, Leadership Global Expert Thomas Gelmi Forbes Council
About Our Guest:
Thomas Gelmi, global leadership expert out of Switzerland. He works with clients all over the world improving their leadership, performance, and satisfaction at the workplace. He’s been featured in Forbes, Thrive Global, Fox News, USA Today, CBS, and NBC.
Connect with Thomas Gelmi
On the show today, we have Thomas Gelmi, global leadership expert out of Switzerland. He works with clients all over the world improving their leadership, performance, and satisfaction at the workplace. He’s been featured in Forbes, Thrive Global, Fox News, USA Today, CBS, and NBC.
Thomas explains how the lack of positive leaders and role models earlier in his life shaped his authentic self to become an effective leader. In the episode, we talk about how he helps leaders become better and effective by focusing on mindset, attitude, attention management, and self-awareness.
Listen in to learn the importance of consciously focusing on things that go well as a leader rather than getting stuck in problem-solving mode. You will also learn the value of selecting the influencer in a team to be the leader instead of the contributor.
Pivotal Questions Asked:
- [2:51] You’ve got a varied background; how did you get into this type of work?
- [7:50] How do we master this inside game so that we can be more effective leaders?
- [26:42] What leader has influenced you and does that serve your leadership style today?
- [30:34] What is the one thing you could tell leaders on how to effectively lead in different aspects of their organization?
- [43:00] What are some ways that leaders sabotage their success?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- [4:52] How he helps leaders connect with their personal before connecting with interpersonal.
- [8:03] The inner qualities you need to develop as a leader to positively engage and impact others.
- [10:01] How to create a relationship, connection, and trust as a leader to get people to do what needs to be done willingly.
- [15:33] Why neglecting emotions and the relationship aspect is the greatest mistake you’re making as a leader.
- [19:30] The importance of selecting the influencer as the leader, rather than the best contributor.
- [37:48] How to be courageous enough to involve your team in your effective leadership journey.
- [43:07] Why leaders self-sabotage by not being aware of the negative impact they have on their organization.
- [47:10] The power of humility as a leader who allows highly skilled people to do their job without micromanaging.
- “Great leaders emerge inside out.”– Thomas [7:04]
- “Good leaders make people feel like they’re at the heart of things and not at the periphery.”– Thomas [15:00]
- “Don’t look for the best or most successful individual contributor, they’re not necessarily going to be the best leader, look for those who have influence.”– Thomas [19:33]
Go check Thomas Gelmi out at www.thomasgelmi.com/en/ or connect with him on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/thomasgelmi
Thomas Social Handle: