Listen to the podcast:
Secret to Staying Calm When You Hit the Wall at 130mph Author Tony Whatley
About Our Guest:
Tony Whatley, a business mentor, speaker, best-selling author, and podcast host. He is best known as Co-Founder of LS1Tech.
Connect with Tony Whatley
On the show today, we have Tony Whatley, a business mentor, speaker, best-selling author, and podcast host. He is best known as Co-Founder of LS1Tech, an online automotive community that grew into the largest of its kind, with over 300,000 registered members, a business sold for millions in only five years after starting. He once led a successful corporate career with over 27 years of experience in oil/gas, managing $100MM+ international EPIC projects.
He shares how a terrible car accident shifted his mindset and led him to discover his life’s purpose.
In this episode, we talk about Tony’s entrepreneurial journey and how he discovered his life’s purpose to live it fully. Listen in to learn the importance of pursuing what you really want to do with your life rather than getting stuck in something you don’t like.
Pivotal Questions Asked:
- [3:11] Why did you go to college, is it something your parents encouraged you to do, and would you do it all over again?
- [13:25] When did you realize that you had a real business?
- [17:08] When you got this idea, at the time did you know a lot of business owners, and was your peer group supportive of what you were doing?
- [43:47] What are some of your success principles or high-performance habits that you have done to get here?
- [47:19] Why do you think so many other people struggle with success?
- [53:45] If you could tell the world one thing, what would it be?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- [7:31] How his parents impacted the discipline that he still applies in different areas of his life today.
- [17:17] How reading books became his learning method since he didn’t have mentors or solid support.
- [19:04] Stop fulfilling the fantasies of someone else by sticking to a job you don’t even like.
- [24:19] How to shift your mindset to discover your purpose and live a meaningful life.
- [37:42] Learn to put your purpose ahead of your fear of what you assume people think of you.
- [47:30] Some of the mistakes making you struggle with success.
- [49:51] How to enhance your acceleration as an entrepreneur by hiring people to help you.
- “Ninety-nine percent of the businesses out there are just better versions of something that already existed.”– Tony [15:33]
- “There’s a lot of value in learning from other people’s mistakes and that’s generally what books are.”– Tony [17:34]
- “If you can shrug what you assume other people think of you, you will change your entire life.”– Tony [37:48]
- “If you don’t have money, you better have time because it’s going to take time for you to learn things.”– Tony [49:57]
Connect with Tony: https://365driven.com
Listen to his podcast: https://365driven.com/podcast/